CarbonTracker is an open product of NOAA's Earth System Research
Laboratory using data
from the NOAA ESRL greenhouse gas observational
network and collaborating
institutions. Results, including figures and tabular
material found on the CarbonTracker website may be used for
non-commercial purposes without restriction. We kindly ask you
to acknowledge, cite, and/or reference CarbonTracker as described below.
Citing our results
- We ask that scientific work that relies heavily on CarbonTracker products is discussed with us before publication, to ensure proper representation of our work and co-authorship if appropriate.
- Please use "CT2009" as the shorthand to refer to our product, not "CT". This identifies both the product and the release version.
- It is crucial to identify the version of the product you are using (e.g. "CT2009").
- Note that the product is called "CarbonTracker" without a space character, not "Carbon ␣ Tracker".
- Please cite as: "Peters et al. (2007), with updates documented at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov."
- Please include our suggested acknowledgment text in your acknowledgments section.
- Boilerplate model description text provided upon request.
...we compare our results to NOAA's CarbonTracker, version CT2009 (Peters et al. 2007, with updates documented at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov). In this work, CT2009 is ...
CarbonTracker CT2009 results provided by NOAA ESRL, Boulder, Colorado, USA from the website at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov.
W. Peters, A. R. Jacobson, C. Sweeney, A. E. Andrews, T. J. Conway, K. Masarie, J. B. Miller, L. M. P. Bruhwiler, G. Petron, A. I. Hirsch, D. E. J. Worthy, G. R. van der Werf, J. T. Randerson, P. O. Wennberg, M. C. Krol, and P. P. Tans. An atmospheric perspective on North American carbon dioxide exchange: CarbonTracker. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 104:18925–18930, doi: 10.1073/pnas.0708986104, Jan 2007.
"CarbonTracker CT2009 results provided by NOAA ESRL, Boulder, Colorado, USA from the website at http://carbontracker.noaa.gov."
Suggested Website Citation
"CarbonTracker CT2009, http://carbontracker.noaa.gov"