Aerosol Documentation and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions - Instruments Some frequently asked questions regarding Aerosol operations.
- Frequently Asked Questions - CPX3 Some frequently (and less frequently) asked questions regarding cpx3.
- Software and Documentation The GML Aerosol group has developed software for acquisition, processing, and archiving of data from aerosol samplers and instruments that are used in the NOAA Federated Aerosol Network.
- CPX3 Guide to using CPX3 for data viewing and editing
- Maintenance This webpage has links to various tasks and repairs (e.g., neph bulb replacement, CN orifice cleaning, etc.).
- GAW stations This is the GAWSIS homepage - you can search for your station and check that the information related to your measurements is correct.
- EBAS This is the EBAS World Data Center for Aerosols archive homepage hosted by NILU. This is the archive Federated Aerosol Network data are submitted to at the end of the year. You can download data from other stations (both in and out of the federated network) from here.
- WDCA This is the World Data Center for Aerosols homepage - the WDCA site has lots more information about data submisssion to the archive.
- WMO/GAW SAG Links to the WMO Scientific Advisory Board for Aerosols
- GAW Calibration and Data Centers
Documents and manuals
- WMO/GAW Nephelometer operations guide General best practices for nephelometer (TSI 3563) operations. (This is chapter 6 in GAW report#200 entitled 'WMO/GAW Standard Operating Procedures for In-situ Measurements of Aerosol Mass Concentration, Light Scattering and Light Absorption'.)
- CLAP manual Manual for the CLAP, includes flags and troubleshooting info
- TSI nephelometer TSI nephelometer manual (version 1933563, Revision G)
- Aethalometer operations guide General best practices for aethalometer (AE33) operations
- WMO/GAW Aerosol systems operations guide (GAW report #227) General best practices for aerosol measurements *2016* - updated version of GAW report #153 (see below)
- WMO/GAW Aerosol systems operations guide (GAW report #153) General best practices for aerosol measurements *2003* (older version of GAW best practices)
- Annual station maintenance This document describes supplies and tasks that should be performed on an annual basis at NOAA federated network stations. (It is a work in progress!)
Historical links (primarily for internal NOAA use)
- Data Format This document describes the deprecated file formats used to store aerosol data at GML.
- Flags This webpage lists CPD2 flags for the different instruments (both manufacturer flags and internal NOAA flags, where applicable).
- Frequently Asked Questions related to CPX2 data processing